Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cant delete application from "manage storage" tab

im currently in the manage storage menu on my m2 macbook air, and i want to delete 2 old games that i don't use anymore to free up space, but when i select them and press delete nothing happens, and i can't find them in my finder. the app logos are both the blank white piece of paper with the small fold at the top right, i assume this means something but im not sure, can someone help as these apps are taking up a lot of storage space and i dont have enough on my thumbdrive to back them up

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 9:12 AM

That may not be the app, but the data the app created. Where that was stored may be difficult to find.

One place is your user Library/Application Support. There may be a folder in there using the App's name or developer name.

None of the search methods will show items in the Library, by default. If you open the Library folder and search from there in the Finder, you might find something related to the app name.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2022 9:12 AM in response to jl__1223

That may not be the app, but the data the app created. Where that was stored may be difficult to find.

One place is your user Library/Application Support. There may be a folder in there using the App's name or developer name.

None of the search methods will show items in the Library, by default. If you open the Library folder and search from there in the Finder, you might find something related to the app name.

cant delete application from "manage storage" tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.