Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

why can't I delete apps from my macbookair?

I'm trying to create more space on my harddrivenand need to delete apps, but I can't seem to delete any

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2023 3:15 PM

This Apple Support article may help: Uninstall apps on your Mac - Apple Support

Note, though, that many of the apps that are installed by the MacOS can't be deleted.

You didn't mention which apps you were trying to delete. Typically, photos, messages, and emails take up more of the space on a user's Mac than the applications themselves. Have you tried moving your Photos library to an external drive?

The only other thought that comes to mind is that if yours is not an Administrator account, you can't delete apps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2023 3:15 PM in response to brunilda198

This Apple Support article may help: Uninstall apps on your Mac - Apple Support

Note, though, that many of the apps that are installed by the MacOS can't be deleted.

You didn't mention which apps you were trying to delete. Typically, photos, messages, and emails take up more of the space on a user's Mac than the applications themselves. Have you tried moving your Photos library to an external drive?

The only other thought that comes to mind is that if yours is not an Administrator account, you can't delete apps.

why can't I delete apps from my macbookair?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.