Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sold watch new owners can’t access

I erased everything from watch before I sold it. New owner called and said it says they need my Apple ID to log out of it.

What can I do so they can pair it.

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 6:44 PM

You must release the Activation Lock to your Apple ID. You can do this remotely online.

Remove  Watch Activation Lock -

Go to icloud.com and login

Open Find iPhone.

In the All Devices pulldown menu select your  Watch.

In the resulting sheet that appears to the right choose erase Apple Watch. Select Next until the device is erased.

Then Remove the watch from your Apple ID.

This should reset the watch to the factory settings to setup as new and pair it to an iPhone.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.1; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.2; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.2; HomePods, audioOS 16.2 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 25, 2022 6:44 PM in response to Steven88gma6285

You must release the Activation Lock to your Apple ID. You can do this remotely online.

Remove  Watch Activation Lock -

Go to icloud.com and login

Open Find iPhone.

In the All Devices pulldown menu select your  Watch.

In the resulting sheet that appears to the right choose erase Apple Watch. Select Next until the device is erased.

Then Remove the watch from your Apple ID.

This should reset the watch to the factory settings to setup as new and pair it to an iPhone.

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.1; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.2; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.2; HomePods, audioOS 16.2 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Sold watch new owners can’t access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.