📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone locked in zoom mode

Can I use iCloud on my iPad to unlock my phone? The zoom mode has blocked me from restarting my iPhone and will not let me unlock my iPhone as the keyboard is rendered useless while in zoom.

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 25, 2022 10:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 4:15 PM

thank you for responding.. my solution was via an Apple care chat, pressing the volume up once, volume down once, then pressing the right side power off button till the phone shut down and the apple logo came on and rebooted the phone. I initially tried to shut down the phone by pressing the power button and pressing the volume up simultaneously. It didn’t work, except to activate the SOS AND CALL 911 which I had no control over. I could not answer or hang up. Unreal. No gestures or tapping would minimize the zoom. Lesson learned,

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2022 4:15 PM in response to Wightrabbit

thank you for responding.. my solution was via an Apple care chat, pressing the volume up once, volume down once, then pressing the right side power off button till the phone shut down and the apple logo came on and rebooted the phone. I initially tried to shut down the phone by pressing the power button and pressing the volume up simultaneously. It didn’t work, except to activate the SOS AND CALL 911 which I had no control over. I could not answer or hang up. Unreal. No gestures or tapping would minimize the zoom. Lesson learned,

iPhone locked in zoom mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.