Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can HomeKit have 2 home owners?

We got a new Apple HomePod Mini and I went to set it up with my phone and I get a message saying only the owner of the home can set up the HomePod mini.

Problem is I am a legal owner of the home but in Apple HomeKit I am designated admin and my wife had been bestowed the honour of “owner” status in the Home app.

And by the way, I added all our devices and up until now, there has been no problem. Why is this a problem now?

Questions I have are:

1) Can you have multiple owners in the Home app?

2) if not, can move the owner designation to myself and off my wife? I am the admin and I care about this stuff more than she does.

3) If you can’t have multiple owners AND cannot change owners does it matter? I mean it’s a bit inconvenient to wait for her to be able to add devices.

Today’s Apple is like the Windows 95 of the 90s. Seriously it’s so bloody glitchy it’s insane. Rarely do things just work seamlessly.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 1:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 2:16 AM

See Share control of your home - Apple Support. In particular the owner can invite someone else to share control, and give that person the ability to add and edit accessories. There doesn't appear to be a way to change the owner or make someone a co-owner.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Can HomeKit have 2 home owners?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.