Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Roaming off

For no charges in roaming, should I leave my phone on Cellular Data on and go to option roaming off?

and if cellular data is on does this mean I am using my own plans data or getting charge xtra for international data ?

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 7:41 AM

Gigapa wrote:

For no charges in roaming, should I leave my phone on Cellular Data on and go to option roaming off?

Yes. Turning Roaming off prevents using data while outside of your home country.

and if cellular data is on does this mean I am using my own plans data or getting charge xtra for international data ?

If you turn off Roaming then you won't use data at all while outside of the country. Roaming allows you do use data provided by your own home carrier while in a different country. Carriers generally offer roaming plans. If you don't use a roaming plan, charges may be very high when using data.

Contact your service provider for Roaming plans and pricing for using data outside of your country.

To use cellular data outside of your home country, Roaming must be turned on.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2022 7:41 AM in response to Gigapa

Gigapa wrote:

Yes. Turning Roaming off prevents using data while outside of your home country.

If you turn off Roaming then you won't use data at all while outside of the country. Roaming allows you do use data provided by your own home carrier while in a different country. Carriers generally offer roaming plans. If you don't use a roaming plan, charges may be very high when using data.

Contact your service provider for Roaming plans and pricing for using data outside of your country.

To use cellular data outside of your home country, Roaming must be turned on.

Dec 26, 2022 7:48 AM in response to Gigapa

If you turn off roaming that disables both voice and data when you are not connected to your subscribed network, which makes your next question moot.

If roaming is ON and you use data, every provider has different plans. For example, if you have a T-Mobile Magenta Max plan your roaming usage counts the same as your home unlimited plan, but with a limit on high speed. If you have AT&T or Verizon you can subscribe to a roaming plan that extends your home plan on a day to day basis for a daily fee.

Roaming off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.