Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Single vertical line on MacBook Air M2

I have only just bought MacBook Air M2 today. After customising my chrome extension, this line (the thick pinkish line) appeared on the screen. It has not been anywhere near water or been dropped. I have tried doing the option/command/r/p restart but this has not worked. Any ideas on what the issue is?

MacBook Air, macOS 13.1

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 1:00 PM

Try taking a screenshot of the whole screen. Then view the screenshot. If you are viewing the screenshot on this laptop's built-in Display, then make sure to move the screenshot to the left or right a bit so you can be sure you are viewing that section of the screenshot away from the pink band. Or you can view the screenshot on an external Display or on another device (computer, phone, tablet). If you don't see the pink band in the screenshot, then the laptop has a hardware issue which will need to be repaired by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2022 1:00 PM in response to RebeccaJoyH

Try taking a screenshot of the whole screen. Then view the screenshot. If you are viewing the screenshot on this laptop's built-in Display, then make sure to move the screenshot to the left or right a bit so you can be sure you are viewing that section of the screenshot away from the pink band. Or you can view the screenshot on an external Display or on another device (computer, phone, tablet). If you don't see the pink band in the screenshot, then the laptop has a hardware issue which will need to be repaired by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

Single vertical line on MacBook Air M2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.