Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can videos be streamed directly from the Apple TV+ Web Site?

I want to stream directly from tv.apple.com on my laptop. Apple does not support their app on any of my devices. I have a subscription to Apple TV+, but when I access the site and log in with my Apple ID, it still wants me to start a new subscription. I attempted to obtain an answer from the Help line, but the Apple representative couldn't seem to understand that none of my devices can run their app.

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 7:19 AM

Thank you for the additional details. It is helpful to know that it is working on another device.

It should be supported in Chromebook too, though:

Watch Apple TV+ in a web browser - Apple Support

On a Windows PC (including Microsoft Surface), Chrome OS device, or Android device, you can watch Apple TV+ in the Chrome and Firefox web browsers.

Older Chromebooks (about 5+ years) might be too old to receive new updates, and may lose compatibility for some services. Unfortunately, it isn’t publicly documented if and where such a cutoff applies to Apple TV+.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 7:19 AM in response to twotom

Thank you for the additional details. It is helpful to know that it is working on another device.

It should be supported in Chromebook too, though:

Watch Apple TV+ in a web browser - Apple Support

On a Windows PC (including Microsoft Surface), Chrome OS device, or Android device, you can watch Apple TV+ in the Chrome and Firefox web browsers.

Older Chromebooks (about 5+ years) might be too old to receive new updates, and may lose compatibility for some services. Unfortunately, it isn’t publicly documented if and where such a cutoff applies to Apple TV+.

Dec 30, 2022 5:45 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thank you. My AppleTV subscription comes by way of T-Mobile, and I activated my account through them. My partner can use the same credentials to log on to AppleTV from her MacBook, but for whatever reason, I'm not experiencing the same when I try accessing it on my Chromebook. I remember having similar difficulties a few years ago trying to redeem an offer for Apple Music. When I sought technical help, the partner company referred me to Apple, and Apple referred me back to the partner company.

Dec 30, 2022 11:17 AM in response to twotom

So, now the question is, how do I get Apple to help me?

Not sure.

Try finding another Chromebook user with Apple TV+, and compare notes.

Try contacting Apple Support again. If the new support staff person can’t help you either, then ask to be transferred to someone else who can help. There should be multiple tiers of expertise.

Can videos be streamed directly from the Apple TV+ Web Site?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.