Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Paramount Plus to Apple TV app on macOS Monterey

Hello!

I have a mid-2020 MBP with Apple TV app installed. However, I do not have Apple TV Plus at the moment. I saw in the app that I could add Paramount Plus to it.

My question is this: Since I already subscribe to Paramount Plus, can I add it to the macOS Apple TV app? I don't have an iPad, so I'd like to use my Mac to stream, without having to sign into their website every time.

Is this even possible?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 4:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 5:08 PM

Unfortunately, that is not possible. The Apple TV app on Mac features in-app Channels that require their own tv channels subscriptions. This type of subscription has different terms and conditions, different perks and limitations, and is not exchangeable as such with subscriptions of the same name, as started outside the Apple TV app.

This is independent of any optional Apple TV+ subscription. Apple TV app Channels do not require Apple TV+. See Apple TV+ as just another channel, which you can choose to subscribe to, or not.

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld (US)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 5:08 PM in response to renntek07

Unfortunately, that is not possible. The Apple TV app on Mac features in-app Channels that require their own tv channels subscriptions. This type of subscription has different terms and conditions, different perks and limitations, and is not exchangeable as such with subscriptions of the same name, as started outside the Apple TV app.

This is independent of any optional Apple TV+ subscription. Apple TV app Channels do not require Apple TV+. See Apple TV+ as just another channel, which you can choose to subscribe to, or not.

Subscribe to Apple TV channels in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Apple TV Channels FAQ: Services, pricing, availability, and everything else you need to know - Macworld (US)

Paramount Plus to Apple TV app on macOS Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.