Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my sound not working o AirPods

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 1:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 7:09 AM

Hello RJohnny1,

Keep in mind the following information on playing a sound on your AirPods: Find your lost AirPods

Play a sound on your AirPods

If your AirPods are near any of your Apple devices and connected to Bluetooth, you can play a sound to help you find them. With AirPods Pro (2nd generation), you can also play a sound to help find your charging case.

1. Open the Find My app.

2. Select the Devices tab.

3. Choose your AirPods from the list.

4. Tap Play Sound to play a sound that gets louder gradually.

In Find My, you can tap Play Sound to help you find your AirPods

Make sure that your AirPods are not in or on your ears before you play a sound.

If you're unable to play a sound or hear the sound, the AirPods are likely not nearby an iPhone or may not be connected to Bluetooth.

Either way, we'd revisit the link above and review all of the suggested steps to help you track your lost AirPods. If needed, contact your local Law Enforcement for their next steps.

Wishing you well, take care.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 7:09 AM in response to RJohnny1

Hello RJohnny1,

Keep in mind the following information on playing a sound on your AirPods: Find your lost AirPods

Play a sound on your AirPods

If your AirPods are near any of your Apple devices and connected to Bluetooth, you can play a sound to help you find them. With AirPods Pro (2nd generation), you can also play a sound to help find your charging case.

1. Open the Find My app.

2. Select the Devices tab.

3. Choose your AirPods from the list.

4. Tap Play Sound to play a sound that gets louder gradually.

In Find My, you can tap Play Sound to help you find your AirPods

Make sure that your AirPods are not in or on your ears before you play a sound.

If you're unable to play a sound or hear the sound, the AirPods are likely not nearby an iPhone or may not be connected to Bluetooth.

Either way, we'd revisit the link above and review all of the suggested steps to help you track your lost AirPods. If needed, contact your local Law Enforcement for their next steps.

Wishing you well, take care.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.