Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pay

i sent someone money by accident, and the don’t have apple pay set up so they never accepted it. i don’t see it in my transaction history and i don’t know how to cancel it or get the money back. is there anything i can do?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 9:53 PM

Hi ksheesley3,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: don’t see it in my transaction history

don’t know how to cancel it or get the money back

Wondering if the money was actually deducted from your account if it was not accepted.

You might need to check the statement of the card(s) you use for Apple Pay.

You might also want to check in Apple Cash:

See your Apple Cash transactions – Apple Support

The "Related Article" above your question says:

"If the other person hasn't accepted the payment, you can cancel the payment until they accept it. If the person doesn't accept the payment within 7 days, the money automatically returns to you."

Else, if needed:

How to:

Get a refund for purchases made with credit or debit cards using Apple Pay - Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2022 9:53 PM in response to ksheesley3

Hi ksheesley3,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: don’t see it in my transaction history

don’t know how to cancel it or get the money back

Wondering if the money was actually deducted from your account if it was not accepted.

You might need to check the statement of the card(s) you use for Apple Pay.

You might also want to check in Apple Cash:

See your Apple Cash transactions – Apple Support

The "Related Article" above your question says:

"If the other person hasn't accepted the payment, you can cancel the payment until they accept it. If the person doesn't accept the payment within 7 days, the money automatically returns to you."

Else, if needed:

How to:

Get a refund for purchases made with credit or debit cards using Apple Pay - Apple Support

All the best :-)

Apple Pay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.