Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone Signing Out

I just got a new iPhone for Christmas and I am trying to sign out and erase everything from my old iPhone 11 but it continues to say “Verification Error”

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 6:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2022 6:48 PM

itsjohnlopez Said:

"Phone Signing Out: I just got a new iPhone for Christmas and I am trying to sign out and erase everything from my old iPhone 11 but it continues to say 'Verification Error'"

-------

Troubleshooting Verification Error:

It is likely in regards to your Method of Payment.

So, Add then Remove:

You need at least one method of payment assigned to your account. So, what you need to do is simply add another method of payment, and then remove this one.  Go Here: Payment Methods that you can Use with your Apple ID - Apple Support. If you have no other card, then viewing that link, see if PayPal is an option to use. If so, then open a PayPal account, and use that as your method of payment.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 26, 2022 6:48 PM in response to itsjohnlopez

itsjohnlopez Said:

"Phone Signing Out: I just got a new iPhone for Christmas and I am trying to sign out and erase everything from my old iPhone 11 but it continues to say 'Verification Error'"

-------

Troubleshooting Verification Error:

It is likely in regards to your Method of Payment.

So, Add then Remove:

You need at least one method of payment assigned to your account. So, what you need to do is simply add another method of payment, and then remove this one.  Go Here: Payment Methods that you can Use with your Apple ID - Apple Support. If you have no other card, then viewing that link, see if PayPal is an option to use. If so, then open a PayPal account, and use that as your method of payment.

Phone Signing Out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.