Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have this old iphone that i want to give to my nephew. I'm trying to erase everything on it, but it keeps saying something about a verification code. It's not letting me sign in to erase the phone.

I'm trying to erase all the content out of the iPhone 8, so I can give it to my nephew. It just keeps saying verification code. The code is popping up, but I can't manage this device because I deleted it from my apple id. It just keeps popping out the verification code.

iPhone 8

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2022 5:23 PM

If the code is popping up, can you use the code when you try to sign in?

Can you add the phone back to your Apple ID? See the Add a device section in the article blow.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in

If you get signed in, do the steps in the article below since you are giving the phone to your nephew.

Selling/Giving Away Device.  *

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2022 5:23 PM in response to chloee99

If the code is popping up, can you use the code when you try to sign in?

Can you add the phone back to your Apple ID? See the Add a device section in the article blow.

Apple ID device list -Check to see where you‘re signed in

If you get signed in, do the steps in the article below since you are giving the phone to your nephew.

Selling/Giving Away Device.  *

I have this old iphone that i want to give to my nephew. I'm trying to erase everything on it, but it keeps saying something about a verification code. It's not letting me sign in to erase the phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.