Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume not working on 4k remote

I have had an Apple TV 4K for a year now, everything works great. Just bought 2 more for the other tvs and I can’t get the volume or power on buttons to work. All 3 tvs are the same. But my first Apple TV works great the other I can’t get it to work and I’ve tried everything… is this happened to anyone else

yes they are updated to the latest iOS

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 5:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 10:00 AM

This is not exactly the same issue, but yesterday the Apple TV remote just went nuts and blocked the volume control for the TV remote and then it just stopped working all together. I discovered that the Apple TV needed updating and I did that, plus charged the remote, but it still wouldn't work.

I reset it :

If your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote isn't working - Apple Support

and that fixed the problem. I hope it will help you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2022 10:00 AM in response to Aubreyhazel

This is not exactly the same issue, but yesterday the Apple TV remote just went nuts and blocked the volume control for the TV remote and then it just stopped working all together. I discovered that the Apple TV needed updating and I did that, plus charged the remote, but it still wouldn't work.

I reset it :

If your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote isn't working - Apple Support

and that fixed the problem. I hope it will help you.

Volume not working on 4k remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.