Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy data from iCloud to new phone

i have copied data in the iCloud and I have new phone set on without copying the data from old phone.now I have backup the data in the old phone in ICloud. How to i copy the data from iCloud to new phone

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 6:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 8:30 AM

To restore the backup to the new phone you first need to erase it. See instructions in Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support including the following from that support article:

1. Turn on your new device. A "Hello" screen should appear. If you've already set up your new device, you need to erase it before you can use these steps.* 

* To erase your device that's using iOS or iPadOS 15 or later, tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Erase All Content and Settings. On iOS or iPadOS 14 or earlier, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. This erases all data on your device. After you erase it, your device restarts and the "Hello" screen appears. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2022 8:30 AM in response to jitendra143

To restore the backup to the new phone you first need to erase it. See instructions in Use iCloud to transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support including the following from that support article:

1. Turn on your new device. A "Hello" screen should appear. If you've already set up your new device, you need to erase it before you can use these steps.* 

* To erase your device that's using iOS or iPadOS 15 or later, tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Erase All Content and Settings. On iOS or iPadOS 14 or earlier, tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. This erases all data on your device. After you erase it, your device restarts and the "Hello" screen appears. 

Copy data from iCloud to new phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.