Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS distorted wallpaper

I recently did a clean reinstallation to upgrade to iOS 16.2

Since doing that, I notice that my wallpaper become distorted. 

Here is how my wallpaper looks 50% of the time. This is correct:

Here it is how it looks the other 50% of the time. This is distorted:

The wallpaper is one of the default ones that come with iOS. I have tried changing it to another one and changing it back, but it doesn’t fix it. I also restarted iOs

Any ideas?

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 10:10 AM

5 replies

Dec 28, 2022 1:21 PM in response to big_smile

Hi big_smile,

Let's check to see if you have the option selected to blur the wallpaper, which is a feature designed to let app icons stand out. See step 4 in the following excerpt from a support article:

"Change the wallpaper

1. Go to Settings  > Wallpaper, then tap Add New Wallpaper.

The wallpaper gallery appears.

2. Do one of the following: 

• Tap a button at the top of the wallpaper gallery—for example, Photos, People, Photo Shuffle, Emoji, or Weather—to design your wallpaper with a photo, an emoji pattern, a picture of your local weather, and more.
    • Tap a wallpaper option in one of the categories—for example, Featured, Suggested Photos, or Photo Shuffle.

3. To customize a photo on your wallpaper, see Customize your Lock Screen photo.

4. Tap Add, then do one of the following:

• Choose whether to use the wallpaper on both the Lock Screen and Home Screen: Tap Set as Wallpaper Pair.
    • Make further changes to the Home Screen: Tap Customize Home Screen. Tap a color to change the wallpaper color, tap the Photo On Rectangle button to use a custom photo, or select Blur to blur the wallpaper so the apps stand out."

Change the wallpaper on iPhone

Best regards.

iOS distorted wallpaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.