Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS distorted wallpaper

I recently did a clean reinstallation to upgrade to iOS 16.2

Since doing that, I notice that my wallpaper become distorted. 

Here is how my wallpaper looks 50% of the time. This is correct:

Here it is how it looks the other 50% of the time. This is distorted:

The wallpaper is one of the default ones that come with iOS. I have tried changing it to another one and changing it back, but it doesn’t fix it. I also restarted iOs

Any ideas?

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 10:10 AM

5 replies

Dec 28, 2022 1:21 PM in response to big_smile

Hi big_smile,

Let's check to see if you have the option selected to blur the wallpaper, which is a feature designed to let app icons stand out. See step 4 in the following excerpt from a support article:

"Change the wallpaper

1. Go to Settings  > Wallpaper, then tap Add New Wallpaper.

The wallpaper gallery appears.

2. Do one of the following: 

• Tap a button at the top of the wallpaper gallery—for example, Photos, People, Photo Shuffle, Emoji, or Weather—to design your wallpaper with a photo, an emoji pattern, a picture of your local weather, and more.
    • Tap a wallpaper option in one of the categories—for example, Featured, Suggested Photos, or Photo Shuffle.

3. To customize a photo on your wallpaper, see Customize your Lock Screen photo.

4. Tap Add, then do one of the following:

• Choose whether to use the wallpaper on both the Lock Screen and Home Screen: Tap Set as Wallpaper Pair.
    • Make further changes to the Home Screen: Tap Customize Home Screen. Tap a color to change the wallpaper color, tap the Photo On Rectangle button to use a custom photo, or select Blur to blur the wallpaper so the apps stand out."

Change the wallpaper on iPhone

Best regards.

iOS distorted wallpaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.