Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device Management

If I see “Sign in to work of school account” does this mean one or/other exists?

What other ways can I find out if my device is being ‘managed’?

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 4:09 PM

Well, you’ve described several big risks. Here’s how to deal with the biggest.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Using a second hand iPhone also introduced risk. Hopefully the following was done before you “moved in”.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Also:

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 27, 2022 4:09 PM in response to Prancer22

Well, you’ve described several big risks. Here’s how to deal with the biggest.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Using a second hand iPhone also introduced risk. Hopefully the following was done before you “moved in”.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Also:

The All Too Common SAD Reality of Buying … - Apple Community

Dec 27, 2022 3:48 PM in response to Prancer22

Surely there is much relevant information you have not told us. Some possibilities:

• Did you purchase this iPhone new?
  • Was it in a factory sealed box?
  • Did you get it at an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Retailer?
  • If not, what are all the particulars of how you got this iPhone, its previous owner(s), etc.?
  • Have you ever shared your Apple ID?
  • Might your iPhone be restricted, say, by parents or a family member?

Dec 27, 2022 3:41 PM in response to sberman

Thanks but the candidate will never admit to this.

I should have mentioned with this inquiry that I haven’t consented to any ‘device management’; I am not a student nor an employee. Someone most definitely has access to much more than they should know about me /all that I do on my iPhone .eg read email/messages and delete or re-route them…browsing Hx…you name it.

This person has effectively ousted me as admin and become me!

And I do not know how to find their I.D. and then stop them?

Dec 27, 2022 3:57 PM in response to sberman

•iPhone purchased 2nd hand but by close friend - to best of my knowledge I was first to take possession however close friend did the negotiation on price etc

•My AppleID has been stolen yes I know by whom but can’t prove it and APPLE can’t help

•Obviously I’ve got many concerns about restrictions and that’s what prompted me to post this question - I’m newish to iOS and I’m floundering about..clearly. But I know I’m not in control of this iPhone, yes I’ve changed passwords, got 2F etc etc but still I’m effectively ‘hacked’ to use a word I really would rather not

Device Management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.