Related Article: If you forgot your Apple ID

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook account is locked I rest the password but I still can't enter on my laptop

what do you do if your account is locked on your MacBook?

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 5:11 PM

Hello cyn199,

Let's start off by checking the helpful steps in this article which can help with this issue: Reset your Mac login password. You have two options:

"Reset your login password using your Apple ID

If you associated your user account with your Apple ID, you can use your Apple ID to reset your login password.

1. Click the question mark  next to the password field.
      2. If you don’t see a question mark , press and hold the power button until your Mac shuts down, then press the power button to restart your Mac.
      3. Click the arrow  next to “reset it using your Apple ID.”
      4. If you don’t see an arrow , see the Apple Support article If you can’t reset your Mac login password.
      5. Enter an Apple ID and password, then click Next.
      6. Follow the instructions to reset your login password.

If you don’t remember your Apple ID password, see If you forget your Apple ID or password.

Reset your login password using a recovery key

If you turned on FileVault encryption and created a recovery key, you can use the recovery key to reset your login password.

2. If you don’t see a question mark , press and hold the power button until your Mac shuts down, then press the power button to restart your Mac.
      3. Click the arrow  next to “reset it using your recovery key.”
      4. If you don’t see an arrow , see the Apple Support article If you can’t reset your Mac login password.
      5. Enter the recovery key, then click Next.
      6. Follow the instructions to reset your login password."

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue so we can look into this further with you. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 5:11 PM in response to cyn199

Hello cyn199,

Let's start off by checking the helpful steps in this article which can help with this issue: Reset your Mac login password. You have two options:

"Reset your login password using your Apple ID

If you associated your user account with your Apple ID, you can use your Apple ID to reset your login password.

3. Click the arrow  next to “reset it using your Apple ID.”
      5. Enter an Apple ID and password, then click Next.
      6. Follow the instructions to reset your login password.

If you don’t remember your Apple ID password, see If you forget your Apple ID or password.

Reset your login password using a recovery key

If you turned on FileVault encryption and created a recovery key, you can use the recovery key to reset your login password.

3. Click the arrow  next to “reset it using your recovery key.”
      5. Enter the recovery key, then click Next.
      6. Follow the instructions to reset your login password."

Let us know if we can help with anything else at all or if this doesn't settle your issue so we can look into this further with you. Thanks and have a fabulous day!

MacBook account is locked I rest the password but I still can't enter on my laptop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.