Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update iOS 16.2 won't allow iTunes music to synce

iTunes Music wont sync to my iPhone 13 Max. It doesn't even give me the option to sync. Movies will sync as will TV Shows. Music is the only section acting like this. I've already turned the phone off a few times, reset the phone, restarted my computer and the issue persists.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 1:58 PM

When you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match the intention is that you enable Sync Library AKA iCloud Music Library in both your library and your device. Changes you make in one place automatically sync to the other over the air, rendering syncing via USB redundant. If you want to sync over USB you have to turn Sync Library off on the phone, but then you'll no longer have the benefit of a single iCloud library that you can access from any of your devices. See Use Sync Library to access your music library across your devices - Apple Support for details.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 1:58 PM in response to Pab1986

When you have a subscription to either Apple Music or iTunes Match the intention is that you enable Sync Library AKA iCloud Music Library in both your library and your device. Changes you make in one place automatically sync to the other over the air, rendering syncing via USB redundant. If you want to sync over USB you have to turn Sync Library off on the phone, but then you'll no longer have the benefit of a single iCloud library that you can access from any of your devices. See Use Sync Library to access your music library across your devices - Apple Support for details.

tt2

Update iOS 16.2 won't allow iTunes music to synce

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.