Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot import songs to my phone using iTunes

Yesterday, I wanted to import songs to my iphone using iTunes on Win 10. I could do it 4-5 months ago, but now I'm not able to do this, because it says "cannot play this song on this iphone"

I've checked the "manage music and movies manually" but it didn't solve my problem.

I updated my phone to iOS 15, reinstalled the iTunes on my computer.

Any idea?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 26, 2021 7:27 AM

4 replies

Sep 28, 2021 9:15 AM in response to baksabarnus

Hi baksabarnus,

Thanks for getting back to us with the details. You may want to try changing the format for the songs you're getting the error on follow the steps here:

If you have problems playing music in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

If you’re trying to play an AAC file that was not created using iTunes or downloaded from the iTunes Store: Songs you download from the iTunes Store or import into your library using the AAC encoder are encoded using the MPEG-4 AAC format. Songs in this format play in iTunes and on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod. Other AAC files that you find on the internet or elsewhere won’t play in iTunes. See Choose import settings or Convert music file formats.

Take care.

Sep 27, 2021 8:29 AM in response to baksabarnus

Hello baksabarnus,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities! We understand that you're encountering an error syncing songs from your Windows PC to your iPhone using iTunes. To help better point you towards a resolution, we'd like to start by collecting a few more details:

1. What version of iTunes are you running?
  2. Can you sync some songs or are you unable to sync any songs to the iPhone?
  3. Do the songs play on your computer?
  4. When you click to expand the + towards the lower-left of that pop up window, what additional errors are you seeing?

Let us know the answers to the questions above and we'll go from there.

Cheers.

Cannot import songs to my phone using iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.