Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone is lagging

Dear sir/madam,

I have installed latest iOS 16.2 after that my iPhone 8 is lagging, and battery is draining quickly.

please help me in this regard or else please provide me downgrade option to iOS 15.

Regards,

Anubhav Singh

iPhone 8

Posted on Dec 27, 2022 11:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 12:11 AM

No unfortunately, No official (correct if wrong others) way to do this and avoid any third party utilities that are unsupported by Apple that could do more harm than good Including bricking your phone if it fails part way through.

So, iPhone 8 is the oldest model to support 12.6, so that’s going to test it a bit. The battery of such of from the original will have aged a lot by now.

• you can close apps by double clicking home button swiping up- the effect of this may be negligible
  • free up space - in case your phone needs some for memory etc
  • Turn off background app refresh for unnecessary apps
  • Check battery in settings to see what Apps are power hungry
  • see battery health in iOS*

*consider an Apple battery service

(a trip to an Apple Store if one close by might not be a bad idea regardless)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 12:11 AM in response to anubhav1811

No unfortunately, No official (correct if wrong others) way to do this and avoid any third party utilities that are unsupported by Apple that could do more harm than good Including bricking your phone if it fails part way through.

So, iPhone 8 is the oldest model to support 12.6, so that’s going to test it a bit. The battery of such of from the original will have aged a lot by now.

• you can close apps by double clicking home button swiping up- the effect of this may be negligible
  • free up space - in case your phone needs some for memory etc
  • Turn off background app refresh for unnecessary apps
  • Check battery in settings to see what Apps are power hungry
  • see battery health in iOS*

*consider an Apple battery service

(a trip to an Apple Store if one close by might not be a bad idea regardless)

my iPhone is lagging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.