Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to access legitimately purchased songs on iTunes?

I have an Apple ID which uses a now defunct email address. Years ago I used this ID to purchase songs on iTunes. Now iTunes won't allow me to access these songs on iTunes unless I use the now defunct email address for my old Apple ID. I do have a current Apple ID using a working email address. How do I get iTunes to allow me to use my current Apple ID to access these songs on iTunes?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 6:29 AM

Good day,

It sounds to me like you set up a different Apple Account and did not simply change the email address on your old account. Purchases are tied to a particular account and you will need to sign in with the old account to get access to them. It doesn't matter if the email address is no longer active as long as you are still able to enter it and the password for the old account. The issue might arise, however, if the account has gone dormant. We'll deal with that when the time comes.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 6:29 AM in response to ClaretyseekerA

Good day,

It sounds to me like you set up a different Apple Account and did not simply change the email address on your old account. Purchases are tied to a particular account and you will need to sign in with the old account to get access to them. It doesn't matter if the email address is no longer active as long as you are still able to enter it and the password for the old account. The issue might arise, however, if the account has gone dormant. We'll deal with that when the time comes.

How to access legitimately purchased songs on iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.