Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Past iTunes Purchases

I purchased lots of songs under my previous email address which was an sbcglobal.net account. It is no longer accessible. How do I get those songs transferred under my new email address?

Windows, 10

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2022 2:04 PM

iTunes purchases remain attached to the account that bought them. You can change the email associated with an account, but not if you've already created a new Apple ID with that address, i.e. once you've created multiple accounts you are stuck with them. See How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support. In principle you don't need access to the old mailbox, just the username and a valid password. See also Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for complications that arise when you try to access past purchases from multiple IDs.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2022 2:04 PM in response to tmccra55

iTunes purchases remain attached to the account that bought them. You can change the email associated with an account, but not if you've already created a new Apple ID with that address, i.e. once you've created multiple accounts you are stuck with them. See How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support. In principle you don't need access to the old mailbox, just the username and a valid password. See also Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for complications that arise when you try to access past purchases from multiple IDs.

tt2

Past iTunes Purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.