Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new m2 MacBook Pro is not showing info under "More Info" in Finder.

When I click "Get Info" on an audio file, it usually shows me under "More Info" the sample rate, duration info etc.

Previously I had a MacBook Air 2017 and I will show the screenshot of the information I usually see.

For the same audio file, this is what I see on my MacBook Pro 2022 M2.

This is the same for every audio file on my new M2 pro. The audio files are working fine , just I can't see this information.

I migrated all of my data including these audio files from my previous MacBook Air to my new MacBook Pro using the Migration Assistant.

I am running MacOS Monterey 12.4.

Does anybody have any idea how to fix this or is anybody experiencing this? This information is important for me to view.

Thank you

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 3:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 4:18 AM

Q - " I am running MacOS Monterey 12.4. "

A - A good start is the update the computer to the current stable version of Monterey 12.6.2

The links below will offer insights and the reasons to keep the computer up to date

Further, the updates do bring many bug and security fixes that make or may on be related to this computer issue

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support (CA)

About the security content of macOS Monterey 12.6.2 - Apple Support

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 28, 2022 4:18 AM in response to char8x8

Q - " I am running MacOS Monterey 12.4. "

A - A good start is the update the computer to the current stable version of Monterey 12.6.2

The links below will offer insights and the reasons to keep the computer up to date

Further, the updates do bring many bug and security fixes that make or may on be related to this computer issue

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support (CA)

About the security content of macOS Monterey 12.6.2 - Apple Support

Dec 28, 2022 11:29 AM in response to char8x8

All of that information comes from meta-data indexed by the spotlight system. It could be just the spotlight is not finished indexing or has gotten stuck for some reason or it’s corrupted.

If you open spotlight and type in some words to search, you’ll see a progress bar if it’s still indexing. That shouldn’t take more than an hour since you first turned it on, so if it’s still indexing, it might be stuck.

Rebuild the Spotlight index on your Mac - Apple Support

My new m2 MacBook Pro is not showing info under "More Info" in Finder.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.