Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPods Max frequently disconnecting from device

My AirPods Max volume in the right cup drops out and plays only in the left side & although it shows the icon at the top of the screen to show its connected the noise control button and the digital dial do not function. After a short while it reconnects but then randomly drops out and does the same as described above. I switched off my iPhone which is the only other device I have it connected to to eliminate that it was automatically switching. It still does the same as described above.

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 2:25 AM

It sounds like you are experiencing some connectivity issues with your AirPods Max. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Make sure that your AirPods Max are charged and turned on. Check the charge level of your AirPods Max by putting them in the charging case and checking the charge indicator light. If the light is red, your AirPods Max need to be charged.
  2. Restart your device. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues.
  3. Check for any updates to your device or the AirPods Max firmware. It's possible that there is a bug or issue that has been fixed in a newer version.
  4. Reset your AirPods Max. To reset your AirPods Max, hold down the Noise Control button and the Digital Crown for at least 15 seconds, until the status light flashes white. Then, reconnect your AirPods Max to your device.
  5. If none of the above steps help, you may want to try unpairing and repairing your AirPods Max. To do this, go to the Bluetooth settings on your device and forget the AirPods Max. Then, hold the Noise Control button and the Digital Crown for at least 15 seconds, until the status light flashes white, and follow the prompts to pair your AirPods Max with your device.

I hope these suggestions help! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can do to assist.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2022 2:25 AM in response to Felsy68

It sounds like you are experiencing some connectivity issues with your AirPods Max. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Make sure that your AirPods Max are charged and turned on. Check the charge level of your AirPods Max by putting them in the charging case and checking the charge indicator light. If the light is red, your AirPods Max need to be charged.
  2. Restart your device. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues.
  3. Check for any updates to your device or the AirPods Max firmware. It's possible that there is a bug or issue that has been fixed in a newer version.
  4. Reset your AirPods Max. To reset your AirPods Max, hold down the Noise Control button and the Digital Crown for at least 15 seconds, until the status light flashes white. Then, reconnect your AirPods Max to your device.
  5. If none of the above steps help, you may want to try unpairing and repairing your AirPods Max. To do this, go to the Bluetooth settings on your device and forget the AirPods Max. Then, hold the Noise Control button and the Digital Crown for at least 15 seconds, until the status light flashes white, and follow the prompts to pair your AirPods Max with your device.

I hope these suggestions help! Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can do to assist.

AirPods Max frequently disconnecting from device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.