Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I backup my iPhone 14, IOS 16.2, to my Windows 11 computer, the process nearly finishes, but posts error message "iTunes could not back up the iPhone "My Name" because an error occurred while reading from or writing to the iPhone".

When I backup my iPhone 14, IOS 16.2, to my Windows 11 computer, the process nearly finishes, but posts error message "iTunes could not back up the iPhone "My Name" because an error occurred while reading from or writing to the iPhone". How do I correct this situation, so that I can perform the backup?

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 12:32 PM

2 replies

Dec 29, 2022 11:53 AM in response to KHPJr

Hi KHPJr,

This resource has some helpful steps to try if you can't back up your iPhone to your computer: If you can't back up your iOS or iPadOS device to a computer or restore it from a backup.

Try again after each step 

1. Make sure your Mac or PC is up-to-date. If you're using iTunes, make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.

2. Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable, and locate your device on your computer. If your device doesn't appear in Finder or iTunes, learn what to do. If you forgot your passcode or your device is disabled, learn what to do

3. Restart all your devices.

4. If you use a Mac, skip this step. If you use a Windows PC and iTunes won't respond or your backup never finishes, you might need to update, change, disable, or uninstall your security software.

5. If you own more than one computer, try to make a backup on your other Mac or PC. Or, use iCloud to back up your device and restore from your iCloud backup.

6. If you see an alert that says an error occurred, your backup is corrupt or incompatible, or there's not enough disk space, find your error message below to learn what to do next.

7. Contact Apple Support.

Best regards.

When I backup my iPhone 14, IOS 16.2, to my Windows 11 computer, the process nearly finishes, but posts error message "iTunes could not back up the iPhone "My Name" because an error occurred while reading from or writing to the iPhone".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.