Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

additional Inbox

Community

In my ATT email account on my iPad (and iPhone) I have two Inboxes. The top one is the "normal" Inbox and the second (greyed out one - 18 ) appears to keep a running total of all incoming emails that were redirected to user created folders (rules). This Inbox is sometimes greyed out and other time it is not. There doesn't seem to be any consistency. When it is black and I can access the inbox number never changes regardless of how many emails I might delete. It seems as though it just keeps a running total . The only way I have found to remove this running total is to delete this account and re-establish it. Any idea what is going on. There isn't any emails in this Inbox that I can find.

Jeff

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 2:45 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Dec 29, 2022 12:53 PM in response to reichmaj

Hello reichmaj,

As this is specific to your Yahoo account, we'd recommend first going to Yahoo's website and logging into your account there. See if any emails are listed there that aren't accounted for in the iPhone's inbox.

Also, if you know you're not getting email, then we'd also recommend reviewing the following article for troubleshooting: If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

By default, Fetch New Data settings are based on what's provided by your email service. If Push isn't available as a setting, your account will default to Fetch. These settings affect how your device receives email. To adjust these settings:

1. Go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.
  2. Tap Fetch New Data.
  3. Choose a setting — like Automatically or Manually — or choose a schedule for how often the Mail app fetches data.

With iOS 11 and later, and iPadOS, Automatically is set by default. Your device will fetch new data in the background only when your device is charging and connected to Wi-Fi.

Make sure that your Notification settings are correct for the Mail app:

1. Go to Settings, then tap Notifications.
  2. Tap Mail, then tap an email account.
  3. Adjust your Alerts, Sounds, and Badges.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities!

Dec 29, 2022 2:48 PM in response to reichmaj

Hello reichmaj,

Thanks for letting us know. To look at another possibility, are you using iOS 16.2 on your device? Updating can be helpful in clearing up unexpected behavior, so if you're not on iOS 16.2, we recommend backing up and updating. Here's how: Update your iPhone or iPad

If you get the same results after, or if you've already updated, use this link to check for contact options to reach us directly so we can look into this further: Apple Support

Take care.

additional Inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.