Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apple Watch SE not showing as Data Source in Health App

Hello,

Hope you can help me.

I just got the new Apple Watch SE and paired it with my iPhone 11 Pro Max. The pairing is easy however found out that it is not syncing to the Health and Fitness app. I checked that the data source priority is Apple Watch in every Health category that I use however it is still not syncing. I tried to restart both the watch and the phone, it synced once but it never synced again! I checked if Fitness tracking is enabled. So I tried to reset the Apple Watch then set it up from a back up. It did not worked. I reset and setup as new, it did not worked as well. Now I’m not seeing Apple Watch as Data Source in the Health app however I can see it in Devices. I don’t want to reset my phone.

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Dec 28, 2022 3:59 PM

4 replies

Dec 29, 2022 1:04 PM in response to EricksonM2022

Hello EricksonM2022,

It sounds like you're unable to use your Apple Watch as a datasource in the Health app, even after pairing and unpairing your watch with your iPhone several times, right? You can take a look at this link that has details on how to use the data from your watch:

Manage Health data on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch

"Add information from your Apple Watch

• To view your goals and your move, exercise, and stand data, open the Health app, tap the Browse tab, then tap Activity.
  • To see your heart rate data, open the Health app, tap the Browse tab, then tap Heart. Learn more about accuracy and limitations of the heart rate sensor.
  • To see data from the Mindfulness app, open the Health app, tap the Browse tab, then tap Mindfulness. Learn about the Mindfulness app.
  • Other Apple Watch apps can also read and write Health data. You can manage them directly on your Apple Watch: Go to Settings > Health > Apps. 

The Privacy Settings options for the Health app on iPhone.  

If Health doesn’t track steps or other information, try these steps:

1. Open the Health app.
  2. Tap your profile , then tap Devices. 
  3. Tap your Apple Watch.
  4. Tap Privacy Settings and make sure that Fitness Tracking is turned on."

Regards.

New Apple Watch SE not showing as Data Source in Health App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.