Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App listed under ‘cellular data’ but not installed on phone

I was reviewing which my cellular data usage and I found an app called ‘astronomy’. This app had used some cellular data. I was confused as to how this app ended up here because I have never downloaded this app at all. I searched the App Store (both free & purchased section) and also the available apps on my phone but it’s no where to be found. It’s not even on App Store so how did i get it on my phone. Even if i reset statistics for this cellular data , it’s still present on my cellular data list. Also, I recently bought this phone so I’m a little worried. What’s going on? How can i remove this app? Why is it showing up on my cellular settings page? Please help!!!

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 2:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2023 8:17 PM

Hi J_Johnnyboy,

Thank you for replying but it’s still not working i‘m afraid. I have attached screenshots too. Please let me know if there are other ways.

16 replies

Dec 30, 2022 7:36 AM in response to User8991

Hello User8991, 

If you haven’t already, we encourage you to use the App Library to help locate an app that may not appear on your Home Screen. Find your apps in App Library on iPhone

Find and open an app in App Library
1. Go to the Home Screen, then swipe left past all your Home Screen pages to get to App Library.
2. Tap the search field at the top of the screen, then enter the name of the app you’re looking for. Or scroll up and down to browse the alphabetical list.
3. To open an app, tap it.
If a category has a few small app icons, you can tap them to expand the category and see all the apps in it.

We're recommending the steps above because they directly address the issue you initially posted about: you cannot locate an app on your iPhone titled Astronomy so that you can delete it.

Please let us know the outcome after giving the above steps a try.

Thanks. 

Jan 18, 2023 9:08 PM in response to User8991

I have this same issue on my iPhone. I contacted Apple and was told not to worry about it because it was just a GPS. I was told nothing about wallpaper, or it having anything to do with the wallpaper. I was alarmed because I couldn’t find the app myself and it was clearly using my data. Apps that I didn’t download was a big “red” flag I was told to look for. Apple told me not to worry and not to believe what you watch and hear on you tube. 🤔 Who really knows these days.

App listed under ‘cellular data’ but not installed on phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.