Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I remove the SIM card on an old iPhone I’m trading in?

Should I remove the SIM card on my previous iPhone XR BEFORE I return it to AT&T as a trade in for my new iPhone 13 PRO?

iPhone XR

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 8:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 11:31 AM

but am I supposed to put the SIM card from my old iPhone XR into the new iPhone 13 PRO?

Yes, you do.

The new phone came with a little tool to open the SIM card slot, but no instructions as far as what/why I’m I need to do anything with it.

Check here -> Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone -> Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone - Apple Support

This is the little tool, looks like a paper clip.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2022 11:31 AM in response to kscribe

but am I supposed to put the SIM card from my old iPhone XR into the new iPhone 13 PRO?

Yes, you do.

The new phone came with a little tool to open the SIM card slot, but no instructions as far as what/why I’m I need to do anything with it.

Check here -> Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone -> Remove or switch the SIM card in your iPhone - Apple Support

This is the little tool, looks like a paper clip.

Dec 29, 2022 10:10 AM in response to kscribe

Yes, then you can use the same phone number for your new iPhone 13 PRO, if it is an carrierr unlocked iPhone.

I asume you use also AT&T as carrier for your new iPhone 13 PRO.

That is also handy then you don't have to change anything, you use the same number.

IF you use another carrierr for your new iPhone 13 PRO, you can still use the same phone number.

Let us know if that is the case.

Dec 29, 2022 10:39 AM in response to kscribe

Thank you so much for your help.

yes I’m still using AT&T for my new iPhone as well.

sorry to ask another question, but am I supposed to put the SIM card from my old iPhone XR into the new iPhone 13 PRO? The new phone came with a little tool to open the SIM card slot, but no instructions as far as what/why I’m I need to do anything with it. Thanks so much!! Kevin

Should I remove the SIM card on an old iPhone I’m trading in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.