Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to receive sms from iPad data sim

Hey guys I don’t know why this iPad system made like this ****.

I am the first apple user in my family. I got IPad 9th generation Wi-Fi + Cellular 256 Gb.

This cellular model is worst & waste of money. I can’t call, send & receive the sms from my iPad data sim. Only data purpose why they released. Wi-Fi model is worthy. Wi-Fi + Cellular model is Waste of money.

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2022 9:42 AM

SMS requires a cellular phone and a cellular phone plan, not a data plan. You can't use SMS messaging and you can't make cellular phone calls without a cellular phone. (You can do both from an iPad if you also have an iPhone and use Continuity: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support ).

Also see: What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2022 9:42 AM in response to Suganvlogger

SMS requires a cellular phone and a cellular phone plan, not a data plan. You can't use SMS messaging and you can't make cellular phone calls without a cellular phone. (You can do both from an iPad if you also have an iPhone and use Continuity: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch - Apple Support ).

Also see: What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support

How to receive sms from iPad data sim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.