Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to know if you're iPhone has been hacked?

¡ How does this email account and name Showing up in my login screens when this is not me and this is a brand new phone or refurbished anyway. It was reset to factory settings obviously when I got it. Did someone hack my phone?

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 4:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 4:41 AM

Hello,

If the phone is possibly refurbished , it is probably the previous owner. If it will let you put in your Apple ID and password, you should be OK. Then do this: Return iPhone settings to their defaults - Apple Support

If you can't put in your Apple ID, it is activation locked to the previous owner. You should return it and get your money back:

Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock

Good luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 4:41 AM in response to JessMarie137

Hello,

If the phone is possibly refurbished , it is probably the previous owner. If it will let you put in your Apple ID and password, you should be OK. Then do this: Return iPhone settings to their defaults - Apple Support

If you can't put in your Apple ID, it is activation locked to the previous owner. You should return it and get your money back:

Turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock

Good luck.

How to know if you're iPhone has been hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.