You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thought Itranslate app was free -charged $39.99 plus taxes

I thought Itraslate was a free app and didn’t realize they pushed it into a year subscription without me signing up for it and charged me. I noticed this happened to someone else but for just a monthly sub for $9.99 not a yearly! I will never use this app again and was told there is no return of this money. Has anyone else run into this and is there any other recourse for this $44.00? Should I dispute it with my credit card company ?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 3:46 AM

1 reply

Dec 30, 2022 4:27 AM in response to janeen259

iTranslate app is Free and Offers In-App Purchases.

Read -> Auto Renewable Subscription Terms:

Subscriptions are billed monthly or annually at the rate selected depending on the subscription plan.

The price corresponds to the same price segment, which are set in the "Apple's App Store Matrix" for other currencies.

* Your free trial subscription will automatically renew to a paid subscription unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the free trial period.

* Please note: any unused portion of a free trial period (if offered) will be forfeited when you purchase a premium subscription during the free trial period.

* You can cancel a free trial or subscription anytime by turning off auto-renewal through your iTunes account settings. This must be done 24 hours before the end of a free trial or subscription period to avoid being charged. The cancellation will take effect the day after the last day of the current subscription period, and you will be downgraded to the free service.

* Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal.

See -> Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

• If you delete an app, it doesn’t cancel in-app subscriptions that you might have. While deleting an app, you might see a Cancel Subscriptions option. Learn how to cancel your subscriptions.

If you don't want to continue a subscription you need always to cancel that subscription in time, see the following Apple articles:

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple

If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

If the subscription that you want to cancel is not listed

If the subscription that you want to cancel is not listed – Apple Support (UK)

If you have received an invoice from Apple, it will be stated on the invoice for what you have to pay.

Tap on Report a problem on the invoice.

Or try to -> Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple.

Request a refund for apps or content you've bought from Apple – Apple Support (UK)

If you have requested a refund, you must wait until Apple has approved. Then you will receive a message from Apple.

Refunds are not guaranteed. For more information, see the Terms & Conditions.

Thought Itranslate app was free -charged $39.99 plus taxes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.