Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad shut down with the apple symbol flashing, I tried to do an update using my computer and got an error message, I tried to restore it and got the message 4013. I tried several times getting the same message. Do I have any other options?

When I tried to restore my ipad from my computer, using itunes, I got the 4013 error message on my computer. I tried the update first than the restore, neither worked. Do I have any other options?

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 9:49 AM

Begin with this support page:

If you see error 9, 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you continue to have difficulties, try using a different USB port on your computer. Using a different port will often force a reload of required software drivers.

2 replies

My ipad shut down with the apple symbol flashing, I tried to do an update using my computer and got an error message, I tried to restore it and got the message 4013. I tried several times getting the same message. Do I have any other options?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.