Related Article: If you forgot your Apple ID

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a macbook pro that i can't remember the password and I tried my current apple ID could not connect to the I cloud because i'm not connected to the internet. This macbook had not been used ed for several years and I have changed my apple ID

how do i retrieve my password on macbook pro that hasn't been used for several years and can't connect to wi-fi until i can log in

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 8:14 AM

1 reply

Dec 30, 2022 8:34 AM in response to dvdmz

See the steps in the article Solve internet connection problems on Mac - Apple Support

See also

If you can’t connect to a Wi-Fi network on Mac

Troubleshoot connecting your Mac to the internet

Troubleshoot external networking devices on Mac

Follow the steps in this old article How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity - Apple Support

Read Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points – Apple Support

The Apple ID password can still be found from keychain access View the information stored in a keychain on Mac - Apple Support , when iCloud Keychain was set in Mac Set up iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

Note : you might have changed Apple ID , still old Apple ID password is still in keychain access , open keychain access from Mac spotlight ( type keychain access in Mac spotlight , it will directly open ) , now from keychain access own spotlight , type old Apple ID in the spotlight , it will be high lighted double click on Apple ID address , check mark show password , you have to enter admin password the old Apple ID password will be shown .

In keychain access click on iCloud , the password section has to be selected .

i have a macbook pro that i can't remember the password and I tried my current apple ID could not connect to the I cloud because i'm not connected to the internet. This macbook had not been used ed for several years and I have changed my apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.