Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to get rid of the notification that battery is not genuine

I got a new battery installed and I’m getting a notification that it is not genuine. Is there a way to delete this notification so it doesn’t display the red number on my Home Screen

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 12:57 PM

The only way to completely get rid of the notification is to get a genuine battery. I believer the badge (the little red number) will eventually go away. However, you always see the message under Settings>Battery as long as you have a non-genuine battery.

6 replies

Dec 30, 2022 1:04 PM in response to drmontavon

In addition to the message about a non-genuine Apple battery, the settings for Battery Health / Maximum Capacity will usually not work when the wrong battery has been installed.

You can check this as follows:

Tap Settings

Scroll down and tap Battery

Tap Battery Health > Maximum Capacity

What information appears here?

To get things working correctly again, you need to get a genuine battery installed at either the Apple Store or an authorized Apple Service shop. No one else has access to genuine batteries from Apple.

Dec 30, 2022 2:24 PM in response to drmontavon

The frustrating part is they told me it was a genuine apple and they were authorized repairmen.

Then, take the phone back and have the correct part installed. Don't let the shop off the hook. Either you got a "knock off" battery or the installation was not done correctly.

If the shop really was "Apple authorized", you will be getting a follow up survey from Apple asking about the service that you received. Apple needs your honest answers to help improve service. If you don't get a follow up survey, the shop was not really "authorized" for Apple. It's that simple.

Is there a way to get rid of the notification that battery is not genuine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.