Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone stolen

Hi my phone got stolen in Romania in holiday. I put it on Lost mode and i can see some locations for the phone where is has been. Can they just reset my phone password or do something and stel on my phone and use my iCloud and see the thing in my phone

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 1:33 PM

They can't access any data on a locked iPhone.

They can't access your iCloud or remove activation lock without the Apple ID password.

See: Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

One common scam is to send a message (possibly indicating the phone is found) that appears to be from Apple and containing a link to a website that appears to be Apple. If you respond and use that link, you divulge your Apple password and they can use that to turn off Activation Lock and then resell the phone. They can't access data on the phone but they could potentially log into iCloud and access data there.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 1:33 PM in response to georgiana197

They can't access any data on a locked iPhone.

They can't access your iCloud or remove activation lock without the Apple ID password.

See: Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

One common scam is to send a message (possibly indicating the phone is found) that appears to be from Apple and containing a link to a website that appears to be Apple. If you respond and use that link, you divulge your Apple password and they can use that to turn off Activation Lock and then resell the phone. They can't access data on the phone but they could potentially log into iCloud and access data there.

Phone stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.