Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Untrusted certificate

I want to delete the untrusted certificate below but i can not because there is no way to delete it in the settings of the device.Does anyone know how i can delete it? Thank you

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 6:23 PM

lambros1 wrote:

Apologies but I don’t understand. I would like to inform you that I have problem in this iPhone Pro and also IPad Pro. For any further information do not hesitate.

You have an iPhone, and an iPad.

You have found a certificate profile.

You would like that certificate profile deleted.

You have then referenced the trust store, something which is not related to this.

I first suggested deleting the certificate profile.

To read those deletion directions, tap or click on the following blue-text link:

➡️ Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple Support ⬅️

If the profile cannot be removed, the usual reason is that the iPhone or iPad is “supervised”.

A supervised device is usually issued by a business or organization, and is managed by that organization.

Tap or click on the following link for more info on a supervised device:

➡️ Get started with a supervised iPhone or iPad - Apple Support ⬅️

I then asked whether this iPhone indicates it is “supervised”.

Does the iPhone, the iPad, or both, show as being supervised in the Settings app, as described above?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 6:23 PM in response to lambros1

lambros1 wrote:

Apologies but I don’t understand. I would like to inform you that I have problem in this iPhone Pro and also IPad Pro. For any further information do not hesitate.

You have an iPhone, and an iPad.

You have found a certificate profile.

You would like that certificate profile deleted.

You have then referenced the trust store, something which is not related to this.

I first suggested deleting the certificate profile.

To read those deletion directions, tap or click on the following blue-text link:

➡️ Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple Support ⬅️

If the profile cannot be removed, the usual reason is that the iPhone or iPad is “supervised”.

A supervised device is usually issued by a business or organization, and is managed by that organization.

Tap or click on the following link for more info on a supervised device:

➡️ Get started with a supervised iPhone or iPad - Apple Support ⬅️

I then asked whether this iPhone indicates it is “supervised”.

Does the iPhone, the iPad, or both, show as being supervised in the Settings app, as described above?

Dec 30, 2022 4:09 PM in response to lambros1

lambros1 wrote:

Hi MrHoffman,

unfortunately I could not delete the certificate with the instructions you sent me. i need more help. thank you

Do you see a “supervised” message displayed in Settings? If so, this is a supervised iPhone or iPad and is thus a locked-down iPhone or iPad, and you will need to contact the IT folks that are responsible for and managing this iPhone to schedule removal or update.

Get started with a supervised iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Untrusted certificate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.