Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Untrusted certificate

I want to delete the untrusted certificate below but i can not because there is no way to delete it in the settings of the device.Does anyone know how i can delete it? Thank you

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 6:23 PM

lambros1 wrote:

Apologies but I don’t understand. I would like to inform you that I have problem in this iPhone Pro and also IPad Pro. For any further information do not hesitate.

You have an iPhone, and an iPad.

You have found a certificate profile.

You would like that certificate profile deleted.

You have then referenced the trust store, something which is not related to this.

I first suggested deleting the certificate profile.

To read those deletion directions, tap or click on the following blue-text link:

➡️ Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple Support ⬅️

If the profile cannot be removed, the usual reason is that the iPhone or iPad is “supervised”.

A supervised device is usually issued by a business or organization, and is managed by that organization.

Tap or click on the following link for more info on a supervised device:

➡️ Get started with a supervised iPhone or iPad - Apple Support ⬅️

I then asked whether this iPhone indicates it is “supervised”.

Does the iPhone, the iPad, or both, show as being supervised in the Settings app, as described above?

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 6:23 PM in response to lambros1

lambros1 wrote:

Apologies but I don’t understand. I would like to inform you that I have problem in this iPhone Pro and also IPad Pro. For any further information do not hesitate.

You have an iPhone, and an iPad.

You have found a certificate profile.

You would like that certificate profile deleted.

You have then referenced the trust store, something which is not related to this.

I first suggested deleting the certificate profile.

To read those deletion directions, tap or click on the following blue-text link:

➡️ Install or remove configuration profiles on iPhone - Apple Support ⬅️

If the profile cannot be removed, the usual reason is that the iPhone or iPad is “supervised”.

A supervised device is usually issued by a business or organization, and is managed by that organization.

Tap or click on the following link for more info on a supervised device:

➡️ Get started with a supervised iPhone or iPad - Apple Support ⬅️

I then asked whether this iPhone indicates it is “supervised”.

Does the iPhone, the iPad, or both, show as being supervised in the Settings app, as described above?

Dec 30, 2022 4:09 PM in response to lambros1

lambros1 wrote:

Hi MrHoffman,

unfortunately I could not delete the certificate with the instructions you sent me. i need more help. thank you

Do you see a “supervised” message displayed in Settings? If so, this is a supervised iPhone or iPad and is thus a locked-down iPhone or iPad, and you will need to contact the IT folks that are responsible for and managing this iPhone to schedule removal or update.

Get started with a supervised iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Untrusted certificate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.