Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Group messages with android

After getting my 14 pro max I can no longer receive or send messages to my groups if a person has an android. I tried all

the suggestions and nothing worked.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 5:29 PM

No, Apple can’t fix it because it is a Verizon problem. When you activate an iPhone 14 on Verizon their automated system does not set up MMS correctly. To fix it you need to call Verizon tech support (611 on your phone), tell the nice representative who answers that you need to speak to a senior tech to fix a problem with the provisioning of MMS on your account. This is a universal problem with the iPhone 14 provisioning by Verizon, so the tech should know how to fix it. And hopefully the 1st tier reps will eventually learn also.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 5:29 PM in response to Bevie88

No, Apple can’t fix it because it is a Verizon problem. When you activate an iPhone 14 on Verizon their automated system does not set up MMS correctly. To fix it you need to call Verizon tech support (611 on your phone), tell the nice representative who answers that you need to speak to a senior tech to fix a problem with the provisioning of MMS on your account. This is a universal problem with the iPhone 14 provisioning by Verizon, so the tech should know how to fix it. And hopefully the 1st tier reps will eventually learn also.

Dec 30, 2022 5:29 PM in response to Bevie88

Clarification of what I said...

By google friends, what I was meaning was a friend with an android phone. Google is the maker of the android operating system and they are making their own branded phones now as well.

So, try to send a picture of your something to one of your friends that has a google/android phone and see if it goes through or if it fails immediately.

For extra credit, ask them to send you a picture ;-)

Group messages with android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.