Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I remove the kaspersky application from my imac?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 5:13 PM

See this support article from the developer: How to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac.

After uninstalling, start up in Safe Mode, log in, then restart into normal mode.

Also, for future reference, Mac computers do not need any sort of anti-virus software. Anti-virus can cause performance issues, security issues, and make macOS appear buggy. Your Mac is worse with these types of Apps installed. In addition, Mac computers cannot get any traditional "viruses". They only area of concern is some malware, mostly adware, and it's easily avoidable. Do not install apps from unknown sources, and you'll be safe!

Here are some links that describe Apple's built-in malware protection, which are far superior:

Jack

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 30, 2022 5:13 PM in response to xxlrunr

See this support article from the developer: How to uninstall Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac.

After uninstalling, start up in Safe Mode, log in, then restart into normal mode.

Also, for future reference, Mac computers do not need any sort of anti-virus software. Anti-virus can cause performance issues, security issues, and make macOS appear buggy. Your Mac is worse with these types of Apps installed. In addition, Mac computers cannot get any traditional "viruses". They only area of concern is some malware, mostly adware, and it's easily avoidable. Do not install apps from unknown sources, and you'll be safe!

Here are some links that describe Apple's built-in malware protection, which are far superior:

Jack

Dec 30, 2022 5:19 PM in response to xxlrunr

The first caveat is DO NOT download a general "remover" app. Most are malware.

Kaspersky itself has removal instructions. I prefer the one that does not include any more downloads:

https://support.kaspersky.com/kis21mac/install/15587#block1

Do not install ANY third-party apps that claim to protect, clean, disinfect, optimize, or find your Mac a mate. All take a huge toll in stability and performance.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.