Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get my refund from a gift card?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Dec 30, 2022 6:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 2:38 AM

It is not possible to get refund from a gift card.

If you haven't redeemed the Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card yet, see-> Apple Store Gift Cards -> Legal - Apple Store Gift Cards - Apple

• Apple Store Gift Cards have no expiration date; however, Apple may amend eligible purchases and locations for redemption with appropriate and reasonable notice by updating the Apple Store Gift Card terms and conditions at Legal - Apple Store Gift Cards - Apple

If you have already redeemed the card, the amount will be credited to your Apple ID balance.

You can -> Check your Apple ID balance -> Check your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

Then scroll to ⤵️

If you have Apple ID balance you can't use.

You can't redeem or return Apple Gift Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Cards or unused Apple ID balance for cash, except as required by law. If your jurisdiction allows the refund of redeemed gift balances, you can contact Apple Support to request a refund

When you contact Apple, include the following information:

•               Your Apple ID.

•               The refund amount.

•               Your current delivery address.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2022 2:38 AM in response to vivianzausa12

It is not possible to get refund from a gift card.

If you haven't redeemed the Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card yet, see-> Apple Store Gift Cards -> Legal - Apple Store Gift Cards - Apple

• Apple Store Gift Cards have no expiration date; however, Apple may amend eligible purchases and locations for redemption with appropriate and reasonable notice by updating the Apple Store Gift Card terms and conditions at Legal - Apple Store Gift Cards - Apple

If you have already redeemed the card, the amount will be credited to your Apple ID balance.

You can -> Check your Apple ID balance -> Check your Apple ID balance – Apple Support (UK)

Then scroll to ⤵️

If you have Apple ID balance you can't use.

You can't redeem or return Apple Gift Cards, App Store & iTunes Gift Cards or unused Apple ID balance for cash, except as required by law. If your jurisdiction allows the refund of redeemed gift balances, you can contact Apple Support to request a refund

When you contact Apple, include the following information:

•               Your Apple ID.

•               The refund amount.

•               Your current delivery address.

Dec 30, 2022 8:00 PM in response to vivianzausa12

Use this link to login and request a refund.

https://idmsa.apple.com/IDMSWebAuth/login.html?appIdKey=6f59402f11d3e2234be5b88bf1c96e1e453a875aec205272add55157582a9f61

M1 Mac mini, macOS 13.1; Watch, series 7 GPS/cellular, watchOS 9.2; iPad Pro 2nd Gen, iPadOS 16.2; iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 16.2; HomePods, audioOS 16.2 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.