Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone stops working intermittently

My Iphone stops working intermitently. A message states: IPhone unavailable try again in 15 minutes.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 9:41 AM

OK, most likely something is touching the screen when you aren’t actively using it. For example, do you carry the phone in your pocket with the screen facing your body? If you are, you need to do 2 things: Go to Settings/Display & Brightness, and turn off Raise to Wake. Then, when the phone is in your pocket carry it with the screen facing away from your body so close contact with your body doesn’t activate the screen.

If you are concerned about protecting the screen, remember that a screen can be replaced, but if the glass back of the phone is damaged the whole phone needs to be replaced.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2022 9:41 AM in response to Alain99

OK, most likely something is touching the screen when you aren’t actively using it. For example, do you carry the phone in your pocket with the screen facing your body? If you are, you need to do 2 things: Go to Settings/Display & Brightness, and turn off Raise to Wake. Then, when the phone is in your pocket carry it with the screen facing away from your body so close contact with your body doesn’t activate the screen.

If you are concerned about protecting the screen, remember that a screen can be replaced, but if the glass back of the phone is damaged the whole phone needs to be replaced.

My iPhone stops working intermittently

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.