Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different Apple IDs on new devices

Each time I received a new Apple device I used a different Apple ID. Now I am trying to have all my devices setup with the same Apple ID. When I try to change my Apple ID, I receive a notice saying, "This Email address is not available. Choose a different address." How can I setup all my devices with the same Apple ID so information is share across my devices, MacBook, iPhone, iPad

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 11:32 AM

You're trying to create a new id with that email address. That is not nessecary, the Apple ID already exists.

Just log out with your old Apple ID on your devices

(settings>your name>sign out on iPhone and iPad)

(system preferences/settings>your name>sign out on Mac)

and log back in with the Apple ID you want to use. Make sure that you tick login and not create an Apple ID

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2022 11:32 AM in response to neila66

You're trying to create a new id with that email address. That is not nessecary, the Apple ID already exists.

Just log out with your old Apple ID on your devices

(settings>your name>sign out on iPhone and iPad)

(system preferences/settings>your name>sign out on Mac)

and log back in with the Apple ID you want to use. Make sure that you tick login and not create an Apple ID

Different Apple IDs on new devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.