Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail

Keep getting the message ”Downloading” when i want to send an attachment in Mail. But nothing ever downloads. Updated to 13.1. and sent 2 attachments before it defaulted back to that message. No reply from Apple to previous message

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 11:46 AM

espiekermann wrote:

Keep getting the message ”Downloading” when i want to send an attachment in Mail. But nothing ever downloads. Updated to 13.1. and sent 2 attachments before it defaulted back to that message. No reply from Apple to previous message

Downloading is the opposite of uploading...(?)

Sending mail is uploading to the SMTP server.

if in doubt use the Connection Doctor> "View Details"

Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Quit Mail and relaunch it holding the Shift key down for a refreshed launch —compare your results.

For problem accounts the go to way to sort things out is to delete the account, then add it back.

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Add email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Note—

IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2022 11:46 AM in response to espiekermann

espiekermann wrote:

Downloading is the opposite of uploading...(?)

Sending mail is uploading to the SMTP server.

if in doubt use the Connection Doctor> "View Details"

Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Quit Mail and relaunch it holding the Shift key down for a refreshed launch —compare your results.

For problem accounts the go to way to sort things out is to delete the account, then add it back.

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac

Remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Note—

IMAP accounts stay on the server, so no local loss, when you re-sync

POP accounts download and remove from the server—therefor save your inbox/sent box if you want them

On My Mac" is just that, local folders you created and moved mail into. So no loss

Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.