Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hiding app purchases from my children

I have family sharing turned on and sharing app purchases is great. However, I am divorced and would like to soon download a dating app, but down want my children to see the app when they look at shared app purchases. I followed the directions to “hide” a few apps, and that does hide them from my list. But from my child’s iPad, they can see the apps I hid. Is there a bug that is stopping this from working?

thanks in advance.

iPad Pro, 11-inch, 4th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 5:37 AM

To hide an app purchase from Family Sharing, you will need to use the "Hide Purchases" feature on the device you used to purchase the app. To do this, open the App Store, tap your profile icon in the top right corner, tap "Purchased," find the app you want to hide, and use the "Hide" button next to the app. This will hide the app from your purchased list, and it should not be visible to other members of your Family Sharing group. If the app is still visible to your children, you may want to try signing out of their device and signing back in again to refresh the App Store content. You may also want to check if there are any restrictions set on their device that might be preventing them from seeing the app.

Hide purchases from the App Store - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2023 5:37 AM in response to Wolfespring

To hide an app purchase from Family Sharing, you will need to use the "Hide Purchases" feature on the device you used to purchase the app. To do this, open the App Store, tap your profile icon in the top right corner, tap "Purchased," find the app you want to hide, and use the "Hide" button next to the app. This will hide the app from your purchased list, and it should not be visible to other members of your Family Sharing group. If the app is still visible to your children, you may want to try signing out of their device and signing back in again to refresh the App Store content. You may also want to check if there are any restrictions set on their device that might be preventing them from seeing the app.

Hide purchases from the App Store - Apple Support

Hiding app purchases from my children

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.