Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod mini with Asus XT8 Mesh anyone?

Bought two HomePod Minis the other day and it has so far unfortunately been my most un-Appleish experience! Whatever I do I can't even get through the setup sequence!

I have a mesh network with two Asus XT8 routers and are trying to set up the two HomePod Minis. None of them get past the setup and they fail with various errors. Often I get to the iCloud login, but sometimes they fail before.

I can see others having problem with HomePod Minis and mesh network.

I have upgraded the Minis to the latest software, and everything else is also updated.

I've tried several different settings for the routers, but mostly trial and error.

I have tried to put them next to the router.

I have tried to setup both with my iPad and my iPhone (both running iOS 16).

Once I got one of them to show up in the Home app, but as soon as I tried to use it it had "no internet connection".

Every other device works like a charm on my network, but the HomePod Minis refuses to cooperate.

Anyone who have a successful setup with HomePod mini and mesh network?

I guess I will return them…

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 4:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 8:19 AM

SOLVED!

After trying every setting Apple recommends for my router and following the trouble shouting guide I finally found a thread on reddit where the poster got everything to work by disabling the QoS and that finally worked!

None of the support docs mention this, so if anyone stumbles on this thread you have one more thing to try!

Then, how the QoS on the Asus Routers can make this fail in the first place is a mystery...

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 1, 2023 8:19 AM in response to hakanl

SOLVED!

After trying every setting Apple recommends for my router and following the trouble shouting guide I finally found a thread on reddit where the poster got everything to work by disabling the QoS and that finally worked!

None of the support docs mention this, so if anyone stumbles on this thread you have one more thing to try!

Then, how the QoS on the Asus Routers can make this fail in the first place is a mystery...

HomePod mini with Asus XT8 Mesh anyone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.