Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I save a copy of my iPhone text messages stored in iCloud

I have been using iPhone since 2012 and have opted for my messages to be kept forever through my iPhone's settings.

I now want to export a copy of the message history between my partner and myself which dates back to 2014, so that I can revisit messages we sent at the early stage of our relationship.

Other than an iPhone 13, I also own a 2014 Mac mini running on Mac Monterey. I am able to search for older messages via key words, or looked for messages sent within a certain period of time but continuously scrolling through in the Messages app. However it is very time consuming.

I also tried printing the messages into PDF as suggested by some online articles, but the Messages app crashed every time I tried to do so.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any tips that can achieve my goal, that is, having a back up copy of message history which can be easily retrieved?

By the way, my partner has always been using Android phones.

Cheers

Ric

iPhone 13

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 9:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 10:34 PM

That will not work. Messages cannot be read/accessed directly in iCloud. The best option is to either print screenshots using the phone or find a third-party application, similar to https://imazing.com/, that will allow downloading messages.

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 31, 2022 9:47 PM in response to XLi78

XLi78 Said:

"How can I save a copy of my iPhone text messages stored in iCloud: [...]Just wondering if anyone knows of any tips that can achieve my goal, that is, having a back up copy of message history which can be easily retrieved? By the way, my partner has always been using Android phones.[...]"

-------

Try Downloading All of iCloud:

Download all of iCloud. Then, search for files through use of Finder on the window.

Perform my User Tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

How can I save a copy of my iPhone text messages stored in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.