Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an Apple Watch 1 on eBay in early December and it arrived today; It's linked to an AppleID

The only name it gave me when I tried to pair it when it asked for the AppleID was "j●●●●●@gmail.com". I assume it's a generic Apple-made AppleID and has a generic password. In the eBay description, it said "This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used."

Since I didn't really get a receipt, I can take a pic of the order from eBay if I need to.

It's a nice watch and I paid $49 for it ($40 plus Tax and shipping).

Any help would be appreciated. If not then I'll try to call the Apple Support line on the 2nd, as today's a holiday.

Thanks and Qapla (Klingon for 'Success!')

Posted on Dec 31, 2022 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 8:47 AM

Get a refund. The previous owner did not unlock it

Any Apple device with activation lock still applied is totally useless to the finder unless the original owner can be contacted

It may also be stolen from a store display.

Further information can be found here

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies

I bought an Apple Watch 1 on eBay in early December and it arrived today; It's linked to an AppleID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.