Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro M1 Pro screen

I have noticed dark shadow on the left, right and bottom edge of the display. It contrasts most noticeably on a white background. This is annoying to me and always keeps me focused on it. Is it normal or is there a problem?

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 3:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 3:35 AM

Hi,

I think it's a display related problem. Try to check your MacBook Pro with Apple Diagnostics if it reports display related error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it reports error or not, you'd better take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2023 3:35 AM in response to RoyalMan_

Hi,

I think it's a display related problem. Try to check your MacBook Pro with Apple Diagnostics if it reports display related error.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

If it reports error or not, you'd better take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations - Apple

MacBook Pro M1 Pro screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.