Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I remove gotomeeting from my Mac?

The gotomeeting website is not helpful at all.

I deleted the app because I was getting numerous popups when starting my Mac, latest 13.1 Ventura. It didn't stop the popups.

I never had this before Ventura and cannot say for certain that is the cause but state this for background.

I then reinstalled the app thinking it there may be an uninstaller that would delete hidden files but there isn't. I tried to get support at their website but you need an account for support. I don't have an account.

There is information on how to remove it from a PC, but I couldn't find anything for a Mac.

Mac mini, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 1, 2023 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 9:47 AM

try to copy the text between the double quotes. then paste it into the terminal. then click enter.

start terminal

"cd ~/Library/LaunchAgents" click enter

"ls" click enter

at this point it will show a list of files inside that folder. you will then remove each of the ones that contain GoToMeeting in the name. You want to type "rm" in the terminal (dont click enter yet). then copy and paste the names from the list.

for example

"rm com.logmein.GoToMeeting.G2MUpdate.plist" click enter

"rm com.logmein.GoToMeeting.G2MAIRUploader.plist" click enter

at this point. you can check to see if they have been removed by typing

"ls" click enter

hope this helps

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2023 9:47 AM in response to theveran

try to copy the text between the double quotes. then paste it into the terminal. then click enter.

start terminal

"cd ~/Library/LaunchAgents" click enter

"ls" click enter

at this point it will show a list of files inside that folder. you will then remove each of the ones that contain GoToMeeting in the name. You want to type "rm" in the terminal (dont click enter yet). then copy and paste the names from the list.

for example

"rm com.logmein.GoToMeeting.G2MUpdate.plist" click enter

"rm com.logmein.GoToMeeting.G2MAIRUploader.plist" click enter

at this point. you can check to see if they have been removed by typing

"ls" click enter

hope this helps

Jan 1, 2023 7:02 AM in response to TimQ

TimQ wrote:

The gotomeeting website is not helpful at all.

I deleted the app because I was getting numerous popups when starting my Mac, latest 13.1 Ventura. It didn't stop the popups.
I never had this before Ventura and cannot say for certain that is the cause but state this for background.
I then reinstalled the app thinking it there may be an uninstaller that would delete hidden files but there isn't. I tried to get support at their website but you need an account for support. I don't have an account.
There is information on how to remove it from a PC, but I couldn't find anything for a Mac.

?

https://support.goto.com/meeting/search#q=uninstall%20mac

Uninstall from Mac manually (recommended)

https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/how-do-i-uninstall-goto-meeting

Feb 14, 2023 12:06 PM in response to TimQ

There seems to be some hidden leftovers that are causing background notifications to continue even after uninstalling gotomeetings.

Here is what you want to do....

open up terminal

"cd ~/Library/LaunchAgents" enter

"ls" enter

Here you should see a couple items named something like com.logmein.gotomeeting... blablabla..

you want to remove both of them by typeing "rm ReplaceWithNameOfTheFile.plist"

example..

"rm com.logmein.GoToMeeting.G2MUpdate.plist" enter

"rm com.logmein.GoToMeeting.G2MAIRUploader.plist" enter

hope this help..

Feb 20, 2023 8:22 AM in response to Curt0513

I have the same issue, with the GoToMeeting still sending multiple and continuous background items to be updated despite it mannually being uninstalled. The application, despite being uninstalled, also remains in the setting folder for applications that are allowed to perform background functions. I have removed the permission from GoToMeeting from being able to run in the background, but it continues to run in the background. (I also removed permission when it was installed but that did not stop the background updates either.) An application that can defeat MAC systems and runaround primary security functions would seem to be something Apple would assign a high priority. God only knows what nefarious parties have learned to hack into people's computers using GoToMeeting's strategey not to allow users to uninstall its app and have it manipulate the computer in the background.

Specific questions:

I am entirely new to code-type activity (one of the reasons I love my MAC). I found my way to the terminal and added the first line of text, which returned: "LaunchAgents %"

When I used "Is" on the next line, it returned: "command not found."

I am sure it's simple. I appreciate your kind assistance in helping the noncoding MAC user figure out how to remove nefarious software that somehow got past the MAC security police.

how do I remove gotomeeting from my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.